As our client enjoys a period of growth, they are seeking a German Speaking Procurement Manager to be based within one of the key production sites in Switzerland.
As the Procurement Manager, you will be responsible for managing all operational and tactical procurement for site-based goods and services within the region, closely managing supplier performance.
German Speaking Procurement Manager, St. Gallen,Switzerland
You will be an independent thinker and able to take actions to deliver the results required by the local stakeholders and global category teams.
You will work closely with global category managers and you will negotiate with suppliers alongside category managers to achieve the best results for local site requirements. You will also track financial impact and be responsible for identifying, reporting and tracking locally generated savings.
This is an excellent opportunity for an experienced buyer to take the next step up. This company has strong professional development programmes and invest heavily in promoting internal talent. We are therefore keen to engage with ambitious individuals, that are looking to progress their careers longer term into global strategic procurement.
As Procurement Manager, we are looking for high calibre candidates with the following skillsets:
- Must have fluent English and German language skills and have used both languages in a professional setting previously
- Ideally degree educated (or equivalent)
- Ideally 3 years+ in a Procurement focused role; this ideally will be within a multi-national company, translating global or regional strategies to local operational sites
- Natural ability to work within cross-functional teams, you must be an excellent communicator; able to understand and persuade stakeholders at different levels to work together to achieve business outcomes
- Excellent negotiator; skilled in dealing with both internal and external stakeholders
- Experience managing supplier negotiations directly is beneficial
- Must have strong planning and organizational skills, with the ability to meet operational deadlines
- The successful candidate is likely to be high energy, goal orientated and work well under pressure
EMEA Recruitment is committed to promoting Equity, Diversity and Inclusion in the workplace. We act as a neutral third party in the recruitment process, basing our candidate searches on skills and experience. We do not discriminate on the basis of age, gender, sex, relationship status, disability, race, religion/beliefs, or sexual orientation.