EMEA Recruitment is working with our global logistics client in its search for an AP Specialist to join its growing Shared Service Centre.
The purpose of this position is to ensure that liabilities and disbursements are accurately stated and processed in accordance with company and regulatory guidelines.
AP Specialist - Budapest
The position will be the interface with managed accounts (primarily vendors), Operations, other Finance personnel and/or banks, in order to analyse, research and resolve liabilities and process disbursements for the managed accounts.
The AP Specialist will also review and perform audits of internal controls over the disbursement cycle, to ensure they are functioning efficiently and that disbursements and liabilities are accounted for, in accordance with generally accepted accounting principles.
Responsibilities of the AP Specialist:
- Manage assigned accounts, including validation and payment of liabilities for centralized or managed accounts (primarily vendors) using advanced Excel and other skills as needed to automate processing of large volumes of transactions
- Prepares, analyses and coordinates the payment of liabilities for managed accounts, including propriety of general ledger account assignment, via the check or electronic funds transfer
- Coordinates and conducts the research needed for timely resolution of outstanding checks, liabilities and/or other complex trade-related accounting transactions, including vendor invoices and statements, between Operations, the account and/or banks
- Works closely with Operations and client billing resolution coordinators to reconcile billing/payment variances in accounts payable items
- Identifies and processes adjustments to liabilities/disbursements for proper recording in the accounting system, ensuring propriety and authorization of all adjustments
- Reviews and validates checks presented to the banks for propriety, including paid without issued and large dollar checks, to deter check fraud in accordance with company policy
- Reconciles general ledger and other assigned accounts
- Performs periodic compliance audits as per company policy to ensure maintenance and performance of adequate internal controls over the disbursement cycle
- Using advanced software applications, such as Excel spreadsheets, creates, manipulates and formats high volumes of data
- Bachelor's degree/equivalent in Business or Accounting
- Two years of Accounting experience, preferably in a computerized Accounting environment
- Experience and knowledge of customs brokerage and logistics preferred
- Must have advanced skills in Excel and Windows experience
- Good oral and written communication skills required
- Must be a self-starter and detail-oriented
- Ability to work alone within a schedule and prioritize work to meet deadlines
If you would like to discuss this opportunity, please contact Kristen Lightbody for a confidential discussion at Kristen.lightbody@emearecruitment,com or +31208081102. We look forward to reviewing your applications.
Get NEW JOBS like these
by email - as they go live.