Our client, a start-up in the energy sector, headquartered in Germany and operating in a few markets in Europe, is searching for a Group Financial Controller.
Due to ongoing expansion and ambitious growth plans for the future, the business is currently looking to hire a Group Financial Controller, to bring accounting and financial reporting to the next level.
This is a newly created position, reporting directly to the CFO.
The Group Financial Controller will be based in the company’s HQ near Stuttgart or can be performed remotely, but with the requirement to be in the office once or twice a week.
The responsibilities of the Group Financial Controller include:
- Provide accurate, timely and relevant financial information to internal and external stakeholders
- Supervise and coordinate accounting, consolidation and reporting, ensuring the highest standards
- Generate timely month and year-end financial reports
- Drive annual budget processes, ensuring company strategic objectives are properly translated into financial targets
- Drive improvement in policies and processes
- Create a robust and evolving control environment, adequate to the respective growth phases of the company
- Assess, plan and manage resources for upcoming international growth phase
- Act as a coach and functional expert for team members and peers
- Implement IFRS and group consolidation process for a complex group company
- Educational background in Finance, Accounting or a similar discipline
- Qualified as Bilanzbuchhalter (IKK), ACA, ACCA or equivalent
- Good knowledge of IFRS
- Minimum of 5 years of post-qualification experience, gained in industries such as manufacturing, logistics or distribution
- People leadership experience
- Hands-on mentality
- Ability to build trustful relationship with other stakeholders in the business
- Ability to translate financial information to non-Finance people
- Pragmatic approach
- Excellent time management skills and ability to manage changing priorities
- Fluency in German and English
If you are interested in applying for this Group Financial Controller role please register your interest using the link below, alternatively please send your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org or for a confidential conversation please call Izabela Darmstetter in our Zug office on +41 41 588 1864
Get NEW JOBS like these
by email - as they go live.