EMEA Recruitment is working with our global logistics client, based in Budapest, with its search for an International Intercompany Accountant, as part of ambitious growth plans.
The position offers a hybrid working approach. The business would like to hire an experienced Intercompany Accountant with a passion for process optimization and creating efficiencies.
As International Intercompany Accountant, you will manage and settle the assigned intercompany and agent accounts in a timely and accurate manner. This will be in accordance with the global finance policies and procedures, and to serve as financial liaison between the international transportation operational offices and international agents.
You will also ensure accurate revenue, expense and balance sheet accounting, by facilitating reconciliations and settlements of all transportation shipments, ensuring that payment activity is accurately accounted for and that discrepant transportation files are resolved in a timely manner.
International Intercompany Accountant, Budapest, Hungary
Key tasks of the International Intercompany Accountant:
- Manage assigned agent and intercompany accounts, receivables and payables:
- Preparing, receiving and reconciling statements of account, and
- Preparing, processing and posting settlements on a monthly basis
- Prioritize and determine cost effective methods for the timely completion of settlements
- Process outgoing and incoming wire transfers for net settlements to agents and international operational offices on a monthly basis, and ensure wires are properly authorized and recorded in accordance with finance policy
- Communicate discrepancies and unlocated transactions to transportation operations for further review:
- Monitor, research as necessary and coordinate resolution of discrepant files between offices/parties to ensure timely reconciliation and settlement, with minimal loss to FTN
- Use analytical abilities to determine underlying factors and causes for variances and issues, and recommend appropriate corrective actions
- Serve as liaison between transportation operations, product managers and agents
- Monitor aged unreconciled files and any incomplete files for assigned accounts
- Provide assistance and support to operations and agents for any financial issues, including intercompany billing, profit sharing, preparation of job cost sheets and general knowledge of etrans and coda processing of transportation files
- Bachelor's degree/equivalent in Finance, Accounting, Business or related quantitative/analytical discipline
- MBA or CPA preferred
- Minimum 2 years’ experience in Accounting, Audit, Financial Analysis, Reporting, Business Consulting, Project Management, Information Systems or Operational Analysis
- Intercompany Accounting experience
- Excel advanced level (functions, Pivot, macro is an advantage)
- Experience with complex business systems and high volume processing environment preferred
- Strong communication and social skills
- Capable of delivering excellent customer service, even when under pressure
- Self-motivated and strong ability to work independently
- Strong attention to accuracy and detail, with high analytical skills
- Fluent in English and Hungarian, both verbal and written (other languages a plus)
- Experience with systems a plus: CODA/UNIT4, Discoverer, SAS, MARS, Cargowise
- Flexible working hours required
If you are interested in applying for this International Intercompany Accountant role please register your interest using the link below, alternatively please send your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org or for a confidential conversation please call Melissa in our Amsterdam office on +31 20 241 73 69
Get NEW JOBS like these
by email - as they go live.