We’re looking for a Holding Company Accountant on behalf of our client, a global chemical company currently as part of a private equity-backed portfolio.
As the Holding Company Accountant, you will work predominantly for the chemicals business, but with additional responsibilities for the private equity firm. The role will be based at their new offices in central Luxembourg city.
The role requires someone with strong knowledge of Holding Company Accounting and a proactive approach.
Holding Company Accountant, Luxembourg
As the Holding Company Accountant, your role will include:
- Primary bookkeeping of all Lux entities and three Swiss entities in SAP, in compliance with IFRS
- Secondary bookkeeping in Lux GAAP for all Lux entities in SAP and preparing three Swiss entities for local Accounting standards Swiss GAAP
- Intercompany reconciliations
- Preparation of tax returns with tax advisors
- Deep knowledge of Treasury Accounting
- Preparation of monthly General Ledger, bookkeeping and reporting for consolidation of all Lux entities/Swiss entities (holding companies)
- Prepare monthly VAT declaration out of SAP with tax advisors
- Ensure statutory and tax compliance, staying current on emerging issues and new regulations
- Liaise with Treasury regularly to ensure bookkeeping is staying current with Treasury activities
- Liaise with local and group Auditors regarding the Lux books and records
- Liaise with external tax advisors and with the corporate tax group
- Taking some responsibilities for fixed assets in the group
- Degree in Finance or related subject and/or a professional Accounting qualification
- VAT experience, holding tax knowledge and Lux statutory reporting and tax
- 7+ years’ work experience in Accounting, ideally acquired in a complex international environment
- Experience with foreign currency Accounting
- Fluency in English, a good standard of French would also be strongly preferred
- Good knowledge of SAP
- Ability to travel to Switzerland two days per month (longer at year-end close)
- Highly structured and organized work attitude
- Strong analytical and conceptual thinking skills to drive changes and implementation of new reporting requirements
- Exact and detailed work attitude
- Takes initiative, self-motivated, reliable and flexible
- Comfortable in working with tight schedules and deadlines
If you are interested in applying for this Holding Company Accountant role please register your interest using the link below, send your CV to email@example.com or for a confidential conversation please call Meriel in our Zug office on +41 41 508 7007.
Get NEW JOBS like these
by email - as they go live.