EMEA Recruitment are supporting our Global Manufacturing client in their search for a SOX Controls Manager, to join their International Internal Audit, Risk and Controls team. Based in Amsterdam, the positions will report in to the SOX Programme Leader.
The SOX Controls Manager will be responsible for managing global SOX compliance program activities and executing on the annual SOX plan related to business process controls. This role will also provide oversight to audit activities as it relates to SOX or otherwise as needed.
SOX Control Manager – Exclusive, Amsterdam, Netherlands
Key responsibilities of the SOX Control Manager:
- Maintain strong working relationships and remain engaged with business finance and functional leaders to stay up-to-date on business operations and emerging risks to provide input to internal audit and SOX risk assessment and planning activities
- Oversee and manage SOX program activities and the SOX business process controls team to complete the annual SOX plan as scheduled within the allotted time frame and budget
- Provide timely, clear, relevant and actionable feedback, tailored to the specific business environment, regarding SOX findings/deficiencies or opportunities for improvement
- Draft SOX audit reports or other deliverables in a timely manner with minimal revisions required
- Manage the process for follow-up on outstanding audit findings and SOX deficiencies
- Lead internal audit and external, co-sourced resources to ensure work is completed timely, accurately and adheres to department policies and procedures
- Maintain and continuously improve the SOX program methodology, processes and department policies and procedures
- Serve as a key liaison with the external auditors to plan and coordinate quarterly and annual SOX audit activities
- Communicate expectations and provide training or other guidance to business process owners and control owners regarding SOX compliance requirements
- University degree preferably in Economics, Finance, Accounting & Audit and/or Business Administration
- Professional certification such as CPA, CIA, ACCA, CIMA or similar
- Thorough knowledge of, experience in working with, accounting theory, internal control and auditing standards, particularly exceptional knowledge of the US Sarbanes-Oxley Act and its implementation in a US publicly traded company
- Minimum of 6+ years' Audit, SOX and/or Internal Controls experience in Public Accounting and/or Internal Audit function in a large international company, including prior experience managing within a SOX program or audit department for a US publicly traded company
- Excellent communication and presentation skills, strong report writing skills
- Strong team player, active participation in team or project activities with dialogue, facilitation, feedback and clarification
- Ability to perform duties and tasks necessary to work on multiple projects
- Ability to travel 50% or more of the time
- Fluent business English is required - knowledge of other languages is a strong advantage
Get NEW JOBS like these
by email - as they go live.