EMEA Recruitment is pleased to share an exclusive assignment for a Senior IT Auditor to join a multi-national company based in Amsterdam.
The role will be working with a small team coordinating the preparation, execution and reporting on assigned internal IT audits.
Senior IT Auditor - Amsterdam, Noord Holland, Netherlands
You will act as a sparring partner on risks and controls for the audit client, and recommend practical improvements to increase effectiveness of processes, controls and risk mitigation.
Role and responsibilities of the Senior IT Auditor:
- Gather information via planning calls with audit client, review earlier audit work, interpreting data analytics, requested documents
- Assess possible impact of control weaknesses, suggest improvements, and align with process owner on possible actions and timelines
- Set up an interview schedule with audit client – ensuring right people are involved, business interruption is minimal and audit is able to complete the work within the allocated timeslot
- Agree/align with lead and/or Audit Manager that process understanding is complete, and that key risks and key controls to further focus are appropriate selected
- Develop test approach of key controls - test existence and operating effectiveness of these controls, discuss outcome with process owner
- Document audit work of process, risk assessment – conclusions and testing work (including samples)
- Present conclusions on risk and controls in process part assessed in the closing meeting to audit client and next higher management
- Complete remaining documentation in audit work papers
- As lead auditor – coordinate the completion of the audit papers and create the draft report
- Assist with IT tooling and processes that support the department in managing audits:
TeamMate audit management application suite
CSI SAP authorizations auditor suite
Data analytics tools
- Minimum 4 years’ Audit experience in public accounting and/or in a large internal Audit function
- Experience of a large or mid-sized international manufacturing company
- Knowledge of Generally Accepted Auditing Standards and experience applying these
- Fluent English – additional languages are an advantage
- Bachelor’s degree in Auditing, Information Technology or Business Administration
- Professional Audit certification, such as CISA (or RE)
- Attention to detail, problem-solving, analytic
- Can adhere to deadlines and budget constraints
- Strong presentation and report writing skills
- Good communication and social skills
- Able to participate in team or project activities with dialogue, facilitation, feedback, clarification and meeting skills
- Able to effectively work with different cultures and management styles
- Willing to travel worldwide for 40-45%, including weekends, but for a maximum of two consecutive
If you are interested in applying for this role, please register your interest using the link below. Alternatively, please send your CV to email@example.com or for a confidential conversation please call Becky Kitson in our Amsterdam office on +31 20 808 11 02.
Get NEW JOBS like these
by email - as they go live.