EMEA Recruitment is recruiting a Chief Financial Officer, who will be responsible for the overall financial management for our energy client in the Netherlands.
Chief Financial Officer - Amsterdam, Noord Holland, Netherlands
You will act as a true business partner to the Chief Executive Officer and the management team in the country. You will be in charge of all the aspects of accounting, financial reporting, taxation, treasury, financing, insurance, financial planning and analysis, in close coordination with the Group Finance functions.
You will be responsible for preserving business’ assets integrity, and for developing and maintaining the highest standard of corporate governance, compliance and internal control, ensuring the adoption of internal policies, procedures and systems, as well as close compliance with local laws and regulations.
The successful candidate will have the opportunity to develop and implement effective and sustainable financial strategy and capital structuring of the business, in coordination with the Group Finance Functions.
The Chief Financial Officer will ensure the effective leadership of the Finance function and will enhance the organizational capabilities of the Finance team, providing career direction, progression and coaching, with the aim of building a world-class Finance organization in coordination with the Group Chief Financial Officer.
Responsibilities of the Chief Financial Officer:
- Manage all aspects of accounting, including, but not limited to: accounts payable, account receivable, banks, payroll, inventory, fixed assets
- Establish and maintain a robust compliance framework, as well as maintain and upgrade key business controls
- Prepare statutory financial statements and related disclosures, and procure timely filing in compliance with local requirements
- Provide assistance and coordinate management responses to Internal Audit
- Prepare and review tax calculations, file returns, estimates and reports, liaising with tax authorities and external advisors and providing tax audit support
- Ensure effective treasury management, as well as a robust risk control environment
- Assume responsibility for balance sheet management by focusing on asset-liability management, liquidity management, counterparty management, interest rate and foreign exchange management
- Generate proper management reports for the Chief Executive Officer and the management team with respect to company’s cash flow, asset and liability profile, risk exposure
- Responsible for all Corporate Finance activities at country level - plan, structure and execute banking and/or debt capital market transactions with a consideration of minimizing cost of funds and of keeping financial risks under control
- Identify the optimal debt structuring of the projects after comprehensive assessment of funding alternatives and in close coordination with the Business Development and M&A teams
- Ensure proper financing execution, including assessment and selection of financing counterparties, coordination of lenders’ due diligence and effective negotiation of term sheets and financing documentation
- Work closely with equity partners, accounting and tax, legal, technical, market, insurance advisors
- Maintain effective relationships with lending institutions, credit rating agencies and the local financial community
- Proactively explore project refinancing opportunities, with an expectation of upside value creation versus a base case financing
- Conduct effective analysis on current status and expected trends of local financial markets to support effective capital structuring decisions and active management of project debt portfolio
- Manage long-term business planning, annual budgeting and periodical budget updates, in line with group business planning policies and standards, as well as lenders’ financial models
- Lead management reporting activities in line with group guidelines and reporting methodologies - ensure timely, reliable, transparent management information to the CEO, the management team, and the Group Financial Planning and Analysis function.
- Analyze the operating and financial performance of the business against targets identifying key variances and providing assistance for corrective actions - coordinate periodical business review meetings
- Is responsible for maintaining effective cost accounting, for monitoring margins, operating expenses, G&A, capital expenditure and cash flow against budgets - manage and control the spending authorization process, and review and execute budget change requests
- Provide ad-hoc financial analysis when requested, and support for internal and external benchmarking analysis, and ad-hoc projects aimed at improving operational efficiency of the business and overall value creation
- Assist the Group Insurance function in developing and maintaining an effective risk assessment framework and defining the insurance strategy
- University degree in Accounting, Finance and/or Business Administration from a recognized university
- Professional qualification, such as CFA/CMA/CA/ACCA
- Energy industry a plus
- Minimum of 15 years of experience in financial management, of which 5 years should be in a similar position/responsibility
- Knowledge of local corporate and tax laws and regulations
- Familiarity with local GAAP and IFRS
- Familiarity with market leading ERP systems, and financial planning and consolidation systems (Oracle preferred)
- Fluent in Dutch and English
- Big 4 experience in the field of Audit, Tax and Assurance
For a confidential discussion, please contact Hannah Mallia at Hannah.firstname.lastname@example.org or +31208081102
Get NEW JOBS like these
by email - as they go live.