Join a growing and dynamic business in the Advertising and Media industry, in the role of Senior Financial Controller, based at their Amsterdam offices.
Senior Financial Controller, Amsterdam, Noord Holland, Netherlands
In the process of a key transformation, due to company growth, our client is looking for a dedicated and ambitious individual to join the Finance function.
As Senior Financial Controller, you will work at the right hand of the Finance Director, overseeing the implementation of a new Finance Service Centre (located in Amsterdam) and the integration of the operating companies into the new structure.
Overseeing a team of 5 people, your role will be varied, with a range of both monthly Management Accounting and project focused responsibilities.
Responsibilities of the Senior Financial Controller:
- Creation of an aligned and efficient Accounting and Reporting function supporting the Group’s operations
- Manage and develop the team of 5 across AR, AP and Cash
- Ensure accurate and timely reporting of P&Ls and balance sheets in accordance with IFRS
- Overseeing reconciliation of the balance sheet
- Review, improve and standardise Accounting and Finance processes across all operating companies
- Cost control management and detailed understanding of the balance sheet
- Management of FX, review of bank reconciliations and currency revaluation as required
- In partnership with the Risk & Control department, ensure adherence to SOX, internal policies and external audits
- Preparation of the statutory accounts and liaison with external auditors for year-end audit (IFRS), and audit of the statutory accounts
- To manage all major tax areas, including VAT, Corporate Tax, Wage Tax and Transfer Pricing
- Minimum master’s degree and/or a professional Finance Accounting certification (e.g. RA, RC, CPA, ACCA)
- 6–10 years’ experience in global company environments
- Ability to concisely and clearly present information to colleagues both in Finance and in other business areas
- Previous SOX experience would be preferred
- Thorough knowledge of IFRS and Dutch GAAP
- Strong leadership and team player skills
- Excellent organisation and time management skills, with a drive for continuous improvement
If you are interested in applying for this Senior Financial Controller role please register your interest using the link below, alternatively please send your CV to email@example.com or for a confidential conversation please call Jenny Callum in our Amsterdam office on +31 20 808 1102.
Get NEW JOBS like these
by email - as they go live.