EMEA Recruitment is working exclusively with a private equity-backed, multi-national organisation located in Amsterdam to find a high calibre Director Accounting & Financial Reporting.
This manufacturing business, working towards future IPO, offers a clearly defined progression path and an exciting role scope for the successful applicant.
Reporting to the VP Finance, the position of Director Accounting & Financial Reporting will have responsibility for a team of 10–12 FTE, managing and leading the global accounting policy, financial reporting and IFRS expertise functions.
Director Accounting & Financial Reporting, Amsterdam, Noord Holland, Netherlands
Responsibilities of the Director Accounting & Financial Reporting include:
- Solving complex accounting issues (IFRS) and accounting of M&A transactions
- Contributing specialist advice and participating in special projects and ad-hoc assignments for Chief Accounting Officer
- Initiating and leading programs on accounting governance with business units and global departments
- Working as accounting liaison/business partner for Treasury, Tax, HR and Legal and related to special transactions
- Having overall accountability for the quality and content of external financial reporting (financial statements, quarterly reports and other reporting to investors/shareholders, DNB and CBS)
- Driving the quality of external reporting in compliance with IFRS
- Driving quality of processes for producing these reports in close cooperation with CFO and, if required, Investor Relations and Treasury
- Managing a global department of 10–12 FTE with knowledgeable Accounting Business Partners, IFRS experts with specific in debt knowledge on pensions and other employee benefits, Tax, Environmental, etc., Financial Reporting and Accounting Analysts, and Financial Consolidation and Systems team - accountable for people management related to this team
- Contributing to development of people within Finance (especially Accounting) by developing and providing classroom trainings on IFRS accounting topics
- 10+ years of relevant work experience in Accounting and Reporting, with demonstrable complex processes and issues
- A master’s degree in Accounting or Finance and appropriate professional qualification (e.g. RA, CPA or similar)
- Prior experience in a Big 4 environment or similar is preferable
- Past experience in FP&A, Operational/Site Finance or other functional Finance roles a significant plus
- Proven expertise knowledge in financial accounting and reporting
- Excellent analytical skills and ability to balance multiple priorities and meet deadlines
- Strong communication skills to communicate effectively with employees at all levels in the organization
- Proven people management and social skills to build strong teams and guide, develop and inspire/engage people
- Fluency in English language (written and spoken) is essential, Dutch would be beneficial
If you are interested in applying for this Director Accounting & Financial Reporting role please register your interest using the link below, alternatively please send your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org or for a confidential conversation please call Hannah Mallia in our Amsterdam office on +31 20 241 73 62
Get NEW JOBS like these
by email - as they go live.