EMEA Recruitment is working with our global manufacturing client in its search for an ESG & Financial Reporting Manager, based in Amsterdam.
The primary focus of this role is to manage the strategic development and implementation of Environmental, Social & Governance reporting and disclosure framework within the Finance organization, including operations, systems, controls and process design.
The role will actively participate in the design and oversight of control and governance routines related to all ESG reporting, including sustainable Finance target reporting.
ESG & Financial Reporting Manager, Amsterdam, Netherlands
The role will report to the company’s Chief Accounting Officer and will be the Finance lead on the ESG Reporting Steering Committee, which also includes the Chief Accounting Officer, Deputy General Counsel and Chief Sustainability Officer, amongst other senior leaders.
Responsibilities and activities include:
- Be the single point of contact at a leadership level on all ESG matters for the Finance organization
- Work with the ESG Reporting Steering Committee to further develop the reporting strategy and lead the Finance organization’s efforts
- Responsible for ESG reporting integrity and assurance, including ESG data, goals, commitments and KPIs
- Develop deep expertise on ESG trends, frameworks, regulatory requirements, etc. to advise management and work with ESG Reporting Steering Committee on reporting strategy and key metrics
- Manage the implementation of new disclosures that are expected to be required worldwide by regulatory organizations
- Assess existing reporting processes, including input assessment, data capture, assessment of processes, controls and governance, and evaluation of system capabilities, and help design and implement process improvements that reduce risk and create efficiencies
- Document SOX requirements and enhance key controls (both financial and system related), as required
- Present to senior leadership on a regular basis on our status and progress across a broad range of internal stakeholders
- 7+ years of financial experience
- BA/BS degree, preferably in Accounting/Finance
- Prior experience with implementing and assessing end-to-end processes, procedures and internal controls
- Passionate about the topic (no prior ESG-specific role requirement), and have an analytical and a structured approach to data analysis and problem-solving
- Proven analytical capability/skills, detail-oriented, ability to deal with ambiguity
- Have experience with reporting systems and applications; process, governance and controls experience and skills
- Ability to independently manage and lead key project workstreams end-to-end
Get NEW JOBS like these
by email - as they go live.