EMEA Recruitment is working with our global energy client in its search for an FP&A Manager, reporting directly in to the CFO.
You will be primarily responsible for Finance Planning, including long-term business planning, annual budgeting and periodic budget updates. You will also perform financial analysis for investment and capital allocation purposes.
FP&A Manager, Amsterdam, Noord Holland, Netherlands
The successful candidate will be also in charge of the forecasting and management reporting process, following guidelines and reporting methodologies to ensure timely, reliable, transparent management information to the CEO, Executive team, Board of Directors and Group Finance function.
The position will include: establishing and maintaining an effective performance management systems; setting operating and financial targets for the financial year in consistence to strategy and long-term business plans; and in monitoring the achievement of those targets.
Responsibilities of the FP&A Manager:
- Manage long-term business planning, annual budgeting and periodic budget updates, defining business planning instructions, timeline, key assumptions and standard templates based on the Group guidelines. Develop and maintain any business plan and budget-related reports and documentation
- Ensure compliance with the FP&A policies and procedures, as well as develop proposal aimed at enhancing standards and increasing accuracy and efficiency of the financial planning process
- Perform financial analysis and run sensitivities for investment and capital allocation purposes
- Manage forecasting and management reporting process, following guidelines and reporting methodologies. Ensure timely, reliable, transparent management information to the CFO, CEO, Executive team, Board of Directors and Group Finance function
- Analyze operating and financial performance against targets, identifying key variances and providing assistance for corrective actions. Coordinate periodic business review meetings
- Establish and maintain an effective performance management system: provide effective support in setting operating and financial targets for the financial year, consistent with strategy and long-term business plans
- Analyze expected returns and financial compatibility of investment proposals and formulate recommendations for the management. Perform financial analysis of proposed projects and other commercial initiatives, when required
- Provide support to Business Development and M&A functions, during pre-development or pre-acquisitions
- Pursue initiatives on system development for automation of financial planning and management reporting; maintain and enhance new systems post-implementation
- Assist with the coordinating with the internal and external auditors, and provide all required information to the concerned parties to facilitate the preparation of internal and external audit reports respectively
- Assist the management and/or the Group Finance function with ad-hoc projects and requests
- Minimum of 6-8 years of experience in Financial Planning and Analysis, of which 3 years should be in a similar position/responsibility
- Bachelor’s or master’s in Finance and/or Business Administration from a recognized management school
- Minimum of 3 years of Financial Modelling experience
- Familiarity with ERP systems (Oracle preferably)
- Strong knowledge of planning and management reporting systems
- Minimum of 3 years’ exposure to global power/water/renewable sectors
- Exposure to international companies with large complexity and to multi-cultural environments
If you are interested in applying for this FP&A Manager role please register your interest using the link below, alternatively please send your CV to email@example.com or for a confidential conversation please call Hannah Mallia in our Amsterdam office on +31 20 808 11 02.
Get NEW JOBS like these
by email - as they go live.