We’re currently looking for a General Ledger Accountant on behalf of our client, a successful and growing renewable energy company with projects worldwide, specialising in wind.
They are a small team, so this comes at an exciting time to really help the business grow and also offers strong career progression within the business.
With future projects including solar and green hydrogen, this would be a great role for someone who is passionate about working in a green industry.
General Ledger Accountant, Amsterdam, Noord Holland, Netherlands
Main responsibilities of the General Ledger Accountant role:
- Daily bookkeeping
- Monthly reporting
- Preparation of credit notes and invoices
- Processing of sales invoices, payments from customers and suppliers, and company receipts
- Preparing VAT returns
- Support with the preparation and monitoring of company budget
- Reconciliation of bank statements
- To monitor accounts payable and follow up on outstanding balances
- Supporting the company’s Finance team, Asset Management team and external auditor
- Drafting of reports and performing analysis for project companies within the Netherlands and Finland
- Actively contributing to the monthly/quarterly/annual closing process, for example, tangible fixed assets and revenue recognition
The ideal candidate:
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting, Controls, Finance or Business Economics
- Minimum 5 years’ working experience in the Accounting field
- Fluent in English
- Advanced level with Microsoft Excel
- Must be confident, proactive and use own initiative to come up with solutions
- Affinity with international environments
- Fluency in Dutch is an advantage
- Working knowledge of the Dutch GAAP
This is an exciting, varied role that offers great exposure to all departments, especially within Legal, and an opportunity to further your knowledge and experience.
If you are interested in applying for this role, please register your interest using the link below. Alternatively, please send your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org or for a confidential conversation please call Becky Kitson in our Amsterdam office on +31 20 808 11 02.
Get NEW JOBS like these
by email - as they go live.