Our client is currently searching for a detail-oriented and qualified Interim Staff Accountant. You will prepare all aspects of the financial management of the investments in specific geographical jurisdictions, including Accounting, reporting and analysis, as well as serve as the primary point of contact for Accounting analysis and research towards the US head office.
Interim Staff Accountant, Amsterdam, Noord Holland, Netherands- 12 months
They will report to the Senior Accountant or Controller. This is an interim role for 12 months.
To excel in this role, you must demonstrate in-depth knowledge of Accounting procedures and time management skills, as you’ll have to ensure the company meets strict deadlines.
In addition to being an excellent communicator, our ideal candidate will also demonstrate keen attention to detail, with excellent mathematical skills.
- Reconciliation of account balances and bank statements
- Maintaining General Ledger and preparing month/quarter-end closing procedures
- Perform monthly cash/escrow account reconciliations
- Prepare complex Accounting transactions (including, but not limited to, acquisitions, dispositions, refinancing, build to suit transactions) and prepare related journal entries
- Coordinate with third-party financial statement providers; review and analyze provided financial statements, and journalize to company books and records
- Reconcile between third-party financial statements and company’s books and records
- Assist in completion of annual reconciliations of actual expenses vs. estimated charges
- Analyze intercompany and related-party transactions, perform supporting reconciliations and book complex intercompany journal entries
- Prepare detailed balance sheet analyses and income statement variance and fluctuation analyses in connection with closing packages
- Assist in preparing supporting schedules for internal and external auditors, and responding to audit inquiries
- Create and manage ad hoc reporting requests from Asset Management, Treasury and Management
- Assist in various areas within the Accounting department
- Participate in ongoing process improvement projects
- Relevant education in Accounting, Business Economics or Finance (CA, ACCA, BSc or MSc)
- Experience in a similar position, preferably in an international environment
- Knowledge of Accounting procedures
- Excellent communication skills, verbal and written, in English
- An energetic, can-do and will-do approach
- Highly self-motivated and enthusiastic
- Ability to work with detail, without losing sight of the business relevance
- Hard working and willing to put in effort and time
Get NEW JOBS like these
by email - as they go live.