EMEA Recruitment is partnering with our global information technology client. We are looking to find its new Senior Manager Global Accounting, to join a growing and diverse team in Amsterdam.
We are seeking a self-motivated team player with strong operational and transactional accounting, financial reporting and leadership skills.
This is a unique opportunity to join a fast-growing and dynamic environment, be part of the business’ ongoing growth journey and to be significantly involved in numerous optimizations projects.
The Senior Manager Global Accounting will report to the Director, Global Controller and will primarily support the overall Finance organization by providing strategic and day-to-day leadership.
Senior Manager Global Accounting, Amsterdam, Noord Holland, Netherlands
Your main responsibilities are:
- Build and optimize the global accounting process for the given scope
- Responsible for all aspects of hire to retire (stock-based compensations, pensions), balance sheet and P&L line items (e.g. content costs, payroll, bonus, commissions and their related accruals, prepayments, etc.)
- Hire, train, coach, manage and ultimately lead 2 managers who will have their own teams
- Responsible for forecasting, policies and procedures, internal controls implementation and compliance, support audits and related systems
- Ensure smooth day-to-day operations and accurate monthly close process and deliverables for the related areas, including review of work performed by others
- Identify and implement improvements and efficiencies that can streamline the close process and/or reduce risks
- Reduce duration and streamline the timing of the period-end close process; enhance effectiveness of the process by refining tools (i.e. Blackline) and improving monthly review processes and procedures
- Identify and address accounting issues in a timely manner
- Drive global initiatives for process standardization, centralization and automation (e.g. RPA), and improved systems and tools
- Partner with business stakeholders, including HR, FP&A, Engineering, Corporate and Technical Accounting and Financial Operations
- Significant experience in Accounting, Financial Control or a similar role, including at least 5 years of experience managing others
- Big 4 experience and a professional Accounting certification, such as RA, CPA, ACA, ACCA or similar, is preferred
- Strong knowledge of IFRS - US GAAP knowledge a plus
- Experience with a global company, with significant presence in the Americas, EMEA, APAC and the Nordics desired
- Experience working with accounting and ERP systems, such as NetSuite, SAP or Oracle
- Ability to build and maintain strong cross-functional relationships
- Ability to share ideas, develop effective responses and influence management decisions
- Must be able to exercise a high degree of professionalism and confidentiality
- Self-motivated, detailed and deadline-oriented, with a proven track record to handle multiple tasks with varying priorities - ability to remain organized in a fast-paced environment at a growing company
- Fluent in and comfortable working in English
If you are interested in applying for this Senior Manager Global Accounting role please register your interest using the link below. Alternatively please send your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org or for a confidential conversation about this role, please call Gemma in our Amsterdam office on +31 20 241 73 65
Get NEW JOBS like these
by email - as they go live.