We’re currently looking for a Specialist – General Accounting on behalf of our client, an international manufacturing business in the pharmaceutical/bio-medical industry, specialising in improving and maintaining life.
We are currently recruiting on the business’ behalf for a Specialist - General Accounting to join its team in its office in the Amsterdam area.
Specialist- General Accounting, Amsterdam, Noord Holland, Netherlands
The team works with multiple Finance departments and is responsible for Entity Reporting & Financial Controlling of the European region. The Specialist – General Accounting will work within the Entity Controllers Group, assisting Financial Reporting and Controllership of the department, with the Accounting to Reporting lead.
This role is well suited for someone with drive, a passion for change initiatives and a strong collaborator.
Responsibilities of the Specialist – General Accounting:
- Maintain relations across the Finance team - collaborate to perform month-end Accounting activities and ensure correctness of the executed data within reporting systems
- Draw up financial analyses and financial reports according to financial policies and procedures, and General Accepted Accounting Principles Coordinate preparation of data for monthly and quarterly financial results meetings
- Maintain overall strong entity control environment on financial, operational and external business relationships
- Support internal and external audits
- Within the Accounting to Reporting group, assist with entity profitability calculation and review - coordinate settlement for intercompany adjustments
- Advise on and contribute to process improvement initiatives within the own work area and on departmental level - participate or support implementation of continuous improvement initiatives to enhance efficiency and effectiveness of processes within own work area and department level
- Openly share and mentor experience with peers to broaden knowledge and increase efficiency
- Back-up line senior specialists or other specialists as needed
Skills and experience required:
- Bachelor’s degree in Finance and Accounting
- 5-8 years of relevant experience in Finance
- Knowledge and experience with SAP, HFM and other financial systems
- Excellent communication skills in English
- Project management skills
- Ability, willingness and flexibility to travel occasionally
- Business and financial acumen - knowledge of financial data and business facts, and apply to use data when making decisions, including recommendations
- Working across boundaries; understanding of roles and responsibilities of the teams and functions
- Problem-solving - ability to evaluate data, determine accuracy, combine data, analytics and work
- Financial regulatory knowledge - knowledge of financial policies and standards, like US GAAP, FCPA and Dutch GAAP, and apply these in moderately complex situations
If you are interested in applying for this Specialist- General Accounting role please register your interest using the link below, alternatively please send your CV to email@example.com or for a confidential conversation please call Hannah Mallia in our Amsterdam office on +31 20 808 11 02.
Get NEW JOBS like these
by email - as they go live.