Are you a results-oriented individual who is passionate about creating environmental solutions that make a lasting difference in the world?
Do you respect diverse perspectives, talents and contributions? Do you value innovation and enjoy designing and using a wide range of problem-solving tools? Do you embrace environmental goals with a sense of optimism, while considering real-world dynamics?
If you have integrity and a strong desire to uphold a commitment to science, rigorous analysis, intellectual honesty and ethical action, then EDF is the place for you.
EMEA Recruitment is proud to be supporting Environmental Defense Fund Europe in their search for a Head of Finance Europe, to be based in the Netherlands.
The Head of Finance Europe role will be a key member of the EDF’s Finance department leadership team. This role will be responsible for the financial wellbeing and day-to-day operational excellence of EDF’s European entities.
Head of Finance Europe, Netherlands
Key responsibilities of the Head of Finance Europe:
- Implement global Finance policies, maintaining a robust financial control framework and overseeing budget, forecast and year-end activity
- Lead a team of 2-4 FTE, responsible for the accurate and timely processing of all financial transactions for both the NL Stichting entity and the UK Ltd entity, adhering to the charity regulations of both countries
- Optimise use of the newly implemented ERP system
- Ensure that EDF Europe complies with all statutory and compliance obligations
- Oversee preparation and filing of all required tax and VAT returns across all EU and UK entities, commissioning support from third parties as required
- Lead internal and external financial reporting and relationships with external auditors across EU and UK
- Lead a cross-border, diverse team of professional Finance staff; motivating, supporting and enabling career development
- Manage relationships with third party Accounting and Payroll providers, ensuring delivery against agreed service standards
- Keep abreast of any governance and legislative changes that may impact the charity, ensuring that the changes are incorporated into policies and procedures
- Work collaboratively at all levels, supporting colleagues and striving for improved ways of working
Skills and experience
You will be a dynamic and experienced Finance leader with strong interpersonal skills, as well as the ability to lead, inspire and motivate direct reports, cross-organisational teams and external partners.
- A degree in a Finance or Accounting-related topic, plus a recognised professional Accounting qualification (such as RA, RC, CPA, CA/ACA, ACCA)
- Proven track record of financial management in a non-profit organisation (NPO) or non-government organisation (NGO) environment is preferred
- Strong understanding of the financial and regulatory frameworks applicable to a Dutch Stichting, and experience in engaging with regulatory bodies, stakeholders and professional advisers
- Combined ability for strategic decision-making and hands-on approach
- Resilient and positive, with demonstrable ability to lead by example and influence senior stakeholders – challenging in an effective manner where necessary
- Experience of working in international organisations, demonstrating self-awareness, cultural competency and inclusivity
- Previous experience of ERP implementation and optimisation ideal (Oracle Netsuite or similar)
- Fluency in both Dutch and English language (verbal and written)
If you are interested in applying for this Head of Finance Europe role, please register your interest using the link below. Alternatively, please send your CV to email@example.com or for a confidential conversation please call Jenny Callum on +31 20 808 1102.
Get NEW JOBS like these
by email - as they go live.