EMEA Recruitment are partnering exclusively with The Universal Music Group, in their search for a Senior Manager Internal Control Assurance.
The department reports to the VP, Internal Audit and Control Assurance and is responsible for identifying risk and the independent monitoring and assessing of operational effectiveness of the controls. This includes the testing and verification of the controls by the Operating Companies, provide advice and consultative services to those Operating Companies and the key management leaders in identifying risk, devising mitigation strategies.
Senior Manager Internal Control Assurance – Exclusive, Hilversum, Netherlands
Key Responsibilities of the Senior Manager Internal Control Assurance
- Support the Director Internal Control Assurance in developing, enhancing and executing the annual internal control assurance program
- Drive continuous improvements in the internal control assurance program
- Manage and monitor progress annual verification of control effectiveness by Operating Companies and corporate functions
- Run risk assessments to identify new risks arising to company operations
- Develop, optimize, and execute test plans to evaluate the design and operating effectiveness of controls
- Develop and manage the process of monitoring change in company operations and impact on control environment
- Independently review balance sheet and account reconciliations
- Manage day to day relationships with management members, business functions, IT and compliance teams
Experience/ Skills/ Abilities
- A minimum of 10 years of experience in a combination of Public Accounting, Internal Control and/or Internal Audit
- Prior experience working in a multi-national company
- Degree from a major university with a major in Accounting, Finance, or Business
- Chartered Accountant and/or other professional certification such as CFE or CIA preferred
- Strong understanding of governance and internal control regulations, including COSO and SOX
- Good understanding of accounting principles under IFRS
- Experience with SAP ERP, BPC and Hyperion FM is an advantage
- Ability to travel internationally and work independently
- Multilingual: fluent English with another language is an advantage (German or French preferred)
Get NEW JOBS like these
by email - as they go live.