Our client is a private organisation making exciting advancements in the pharmaceutical industry. With presence in 15 countries, they are now looking for an experienced Risk & Assurance Director to join their Finance team in The Hague.
Risk & Assurance Director, The Hague, Zuid Holland, Netherlands
In the role of Risk & Assurance Director, you will report to the CFO and have key responsibility for managing the risk management strategy, framework and procedures for the Group.
Your responsibility will also include providing an independent appraisal function, to professional standards, for the review of business operations, furnishing senior management with objective analysis, assessments, opinions and recommendations.
Responsibilities of the Risk & Assurance Director:
- Ensuring consistency across risk management practices and processes across the Group.
- Provision of clear guidelines and training across the Group to all involved in the risk management process (including senior management), to build a risk-aware culture.
- Design and delivery of a framework to identify significant risks through workshops, interviews, etc.
- Review and report of progress for risk response plans and actions.
- Plan and achieve comprehensive audit coverage to fulfil statutory, industry and internal requirements, examining and evaluating the adequacy of the systems of internal control.
- Undertaking assurance work personally and/or with auditors. Identifying weaknesses in control and producing audit reports detailing recommendations or areas for further analysis or management action.
- Applicants should have minimum 7 years’ experience combining Big 4 and multi-national company experience (healthcare/pharma industry experience beneficial)
- Minimum bachelor’s degree in Finance-related field, plus professional qualification beneficial (CA, CPA, MBA, IRM, CIA or similar)
- Strong relationship-building and communication skills
- Inquisitive nature, coupled with excellent analytical skills
- Demonstrable ability to plan and manage projects, ensuring deliverables are met to deadline
- Fluent English language – spoken and written
If you are interested in applying for this Risk & Assurance Director role please register your interest using the link below, alternatively please send your CV to email@example.com or for a confidential conversation please call Jenny Callum in our Amsterdam office on +31 20 808 11 02.
Get NEW JOBS like these
by email - as they go live.