Our client is a highly successful and busy manufacturing business with offices in Leiden. They are looking for an experienced Accounting & Tax Manager to join them on their growth journey.
Accounting & Tax Manager - Leiden, South Holland, Netherlands
As their Accounting & Tax Manager, you will be accountable for completing the annual statutory accounts based on local GAAP, supporting related audit work, submitting tax returns, and all other financial compliance requirements.
Key responsibilities of the Accounting & Tax Manager:
- Implementing effective Accounting processes and internal control
- Analysis of operating versus capital leases in accordance with IFRS and US GAAP
- Carry out monthly close activities, including analytical reviews, reconciliation of balance sheet and accruals
- Review and coordinate all local tax related statutory requirements
- Ad hoc analysis on lease-related issues from the business units; additional ad hoc reporting and analysis as required
- Coordinate tax audits
- Prepare annual statutory accounts, workers’ council packages and management of year end statutory audit cycle
- Identify large and any unusual transactions
- 8+ years’ experience in GL Accounting and/or Big 4 Accounting firm
- BA/BS degree in Accounting, Finance, Tax Management, Economics or equivalent
- Experience of revenue and lease Accounting preferred
- Strong analytical and technical skills, with ability to review complex contracts and interpret contract terms, while assessing Accounting implications
- Knowledge of IFRS and US GAAP, Dutch GAAP
- Exceptional organisation and communication skills, with a positive attitude
- Strong English language skills (spoken and written)
- Must be fluent in Dutch and English
- Technical knowledge in Dutch and Belgian tax
If you are interested in applying for this Accountant role, please register your interest using the link below. Alternatively, please send your CV to email@example.com or for a confidential conversation please call Becky Kitson in our Amsterdam office on +31 20 808 11 02.
Get NEW JOBS like these
by email - as they go live.