Our client is a US owned, major player in the TMT space, with offices in Amsterdam. As a listed business, they are looking for a Accountant to join them on their growth journey.
Accountant, Amsterdam, Noord Holland, Netherlands
As their Accountant, you will bring technical Accounting ability and a positive, energetic attitude to this dynamic function, working on revenue-related and lease-related activities, using your expertise and analytical skills to resolve complex issues.
Key responsibilities of the Accountant:
- Assessment of new lease-related contracts, implementing effective Accounting processes and internal control.
- Analysis of operating versus capital leases in accordance with IFRS and US GAAP.
- Carry out monthly close activities, including analytical reviews, reconciliation of balance sheet and accruals.
- Preparation of timely reporting and SOX controls.
- Ad hoc analysis on lease-related issues from the business units; additional ad hoc reporting and analysis as required.
- Continuous consideration of potential process improvement – identifying and implementing required changes.
- 3–5 years’ experience in GL Accounting and/or Big 4 Accounting firm
- Minimum bachelor’s degree qualified with additional Accounting/Finance qualification or currently being studied (CPA/RA/ACCA)
- Experience of revenue and lease Accounting preferred
- Strong analytical and technical skills, with ability to review complex contracts and interpret contract terms, whilst assessing Accounting implications
- Knowledge of IFRS and US GAAP, on revenue and lease Accounting preferred
- ERP system experience (Oracle preferred) and Hyperion Essbase would be ideal
- Exceptional organisation and communication skills, with a positive attitude
- Strong English language skills (spoken and written)
If you are interested in applying for this Accountant role please register your interest using the link below, alternatively please send your CV to email@example.com or for a confidential conversation please call Jenny Callum in our Amsterdam office on +31 20 808 11 02.
Get NEW JOBS like these
by email - as they go live.