Our client, an international FMCG based in Amsterdam, are seeking an experienced GL Accountant for a 7-9 Month FTC.
General Ledger Accountant – 7-9 Month Contract
This is an exciting opportunity to join a growing business that encourages new ideas and will allow an experienced General Ledger Accountant to add value to their busy finance team
General Ledger Accountant - Amsterdam, Noord Holland, Netherlands
Key responsibilities for the GL Accountant include:
- Assist the Finance Manager and senior GL accountant with tackling incoming (ad-hoc) finance & admin related business queries (internal & external) by responding to these queries in accordance with accounting and company guidelines.
- Support the senior GL Accountant in the daily team management and with reviewing month-end accounting records & signing off supporting documentation.
- Month-end and quarter-end accounting tasks
- Timely & accurately preparation of journal entries and GL account reconciliations.
- Implementing new and adjusting existing schedules for deferred rents, cash and other reconciliations templates.
- Lead process improvements on the accounting team’s daily & monthly tasks, in alignment with the titular GL accountant.
- Adhere to accounting principles and internal procedures.
- Ad hoc administrative duties to be performed as and when required, including cover for other members of finance.
Experience and Knowledge required for the GL Accountant:
- Fluency in English (any additional European languages are a plus)
- University or equivalent degree in accounting, business administration or related field
- Part Qualified is advantageous (ACCA, ACA, CPA, RA)
- Result orientated approach with the ability to work to tight deadlines
- Strong attention to detail and the ability to manage a high workload
- 4+ Years’ experience within a similar role
If you are interested in applying for this role please register your interest using the link below, alternatively please send your CV to email@example.com or for a confidential conversation please call Michelle Ewing in our Amsterdam office on +31 20 808 1102
Get NEW JOBS like these
by email - as they go live.