EMEA Recruitment is partnering with our global fashion retail client in their search for a Business Controller. The position would be perfect for a strong Finance Business Partner, ideally with industry knowledge – although this is not a must.
This is an exciting opportunity to join the Controlling team, overseeing specific product divisions. In this role, you are expected to be the expert on all P&L components of this business function, impacted through the work of the product teams.
This means you will get a full understanding of all the processes that drive the business and provide best estimates of the future performance and direction on European business.
Business Controller - Amsterdam, Noord Holland, Netherlands
As part of the annual budget process, the Business Controller assists in target setting and works with the business to translate their strategies into meaningful budgets.
Key responsibilities of the Business Controller:
- Form strong trusted relationships with the business and support management in decision-making with financial implications for your area
- Gain full brand performance understanding and all aspects of the business, including global landscape
- Improve and simplify monthly reporting packs - with the aim to explain key developments to both Finance and non-Finance stakeholders
- Responsible for the budget target setting and month end process
- Planning of hedged product margins with input from business on product costs and developments
- Understanding of gross margin, including controllable product cost variance items and dilution
- Proactively identify and drive profitability improvement initiatives, and actively challenge existing ways of working
- Undertake and participate in cost scenario analysis impacting the P&L
- Identify risks and suggest how to overcome them
The ideal candidate:
- University/bachelor’s degree in Business Administration/Finance
- Experience working in a commercial environment, preferably in apparel industry, with 5+ years of experience
- Clear understanding of Controlling and Finance Planning best practice
- Solid knowledge of business processes and product life cycle
- Strong analytical skills and attention to detail, including a strong control focus
- Strong technical skills in using Excel and PowerPoint, translating Finance results into relevant business updates
- Experience with SAP BW, BPC Netweaver platform is preferred
- Able to work proactively, independently, yet at the same time a prime example of a collaborator
- Capable of prioritizing multiple tasks, while looking for ways to improve processes
- Excellent communication and negotiation skills are essential, due to the frequent interaction with various business partners
If you would like a confidential discussion – please contact Hannah Mallia at Hannah.firstname.lastname@example.org or on +31208081102. We look forward to hearing from you
Get NEW JOBS like these
by email - as they go live.