We’re currently looking for a Direct Tax Manager on behalf of our client. The Direct Tax Manager will be part of the European Tax team and will report to the corporate Tax Director.
The Tax team manages all tax matters in Europe and, as such, advises the business and local Finance teams on tax matters for their respective countries.
Direct Tax Manager - Amsterdam, Noord Holland, Netherlands
The Direct Tax Manager will be focusing on the day-to-day corporate income tax and wage tax matters for the Dutch operations, while collaborating with the European business to ensure the company complies with tax legislations (as they continues to evolve) in the EMEA region.
This could be a perfect opportunity for someone looking to make an initial step in to their first industry role. The successful candidate will need have both fluent Dutch and English language skills.
Key responsibilities of the Direct Tax Manager:
- Assist with managing the European Tax position, oversee overall holding company activities in the Netherlands and specific international income tax elements
- Provide practical and technical tax (corporate income tax and wage tax) support to the business in the Netherlands and throughout the EMEA region
- Advise and assist on international restructurings, and plan and manage Tax projects
- Maintain and evaluate on an ongoing basis the current tax control framework, with particular focus on corporate income tax and wage tax matters
- Support the HR/Payroll department and provide tax advice, amongst others, regarding global mobility of employee legislation
- Work closely with the HR/Payroll department regarding communications with the Dutch tax authorities related to payroll and wage tax matters
- Advise and collaborate with the central European Finance department on the timely and accurate reporting of European tax positions as part of the internal periodic financial and budget reporting processes
- Support on statutory, internal and external tax audits
- Review related legal documentation on tax aspects
- Explain and clarify as necessary to the local Finance teams the local tax rules in order for them to understand the implications for their local operations, as well as to generate best practices and guidelines
- Manage the relationships with the Dutch tax authorities based on the agreed tax monitoring processes embedded in the tax control frameworks
The ideal candidate:
- Master’s degree in Fiscal Economics
- At least 3-4 years of relevant working experience, preferably at a tax consultancy firm combined with in-house experience
- Background in international tax, with relevant good knowledge and working experience in the field of corporate income tax and wage tax
- Ability to quickly analyse data, draw conclusions and make recommendations
- Able to establish and maintain excellent working relationships with various stakeholders internally, such as other colleagues globally
- Varied background in balancing the regulatory requirements with commercial, operational and strategic business needs
- Excellent command of Dutch and English, both verbal and written
For a confidential discussion about this vacancy, please contact me direct at Hannah.Mallia@emearecruitment.com or at +31208081102
Get NEW JOBS like these
by email - as they go live.