EMEA Recruitment is partnering with a Global Fashion Retailer in their search for a VAT Manager. This is a newly created role, reporting directly the VAT Director and the position will be based in Amsterdam.
VAT Manager, Amsterdam, Noord Holland
Responsibilities of the VAT Manager:
- Review the current VAT processes and control framework, provide ideas on how these can be improved and maintained
- Translating VAT advice in system processes, implementation, planning, procedures and controls in close cooperation with the Finance Operations Department
- Advise and support with VAT set up implementation in systems (SAP) together with the Technology department
- Review of VAT returns, Intrastat returns and Sales listings for all entities in the region, together with the other Finance shared service centers, specifically the pulling, testing, automation and transformation of required compliance data
- Coordinate internal VAT audits with Technology specialists
- Managing VAT audits by local tax authorities
- Managing VAT recovery and refund processes in relation to foreign invoices and travel/expenses claim
- Review of AP and AR invoices
- Setting up end-to-end systems and processes for collecting VAT in new jurisdictions
- Automating policies and processes in the context of the company's growth, to mitigate risks and help ensure timely and accurate reporting
- 3+ years of Indirect Tax Technology experience
- Prior experience with a global Accounting firm or Technology company, working in specific Tax Technology team
- Direct experience with automating VAT compliance processes and implementing Business to Government reporting solutions is required
- Prior experience in building robust data analytics using Tableau, PowerBI
- Strong analytical skills and the ability to manage processes well
- Continuous improvement mindset to bring best practices and efficiencies to flex in line with growing digitalization requirements set by local governments and business demands
- Fluent in English, both written and spoken
If you are interested in applying for this VAT Manager role please register your interest using the link below, alternatively please send your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org or for a confidential conversation please call Hannah Mallia in our Amsterdam office on +31 20 808 11 02.
Get NEW JOBS like these
by email - as they go live.