Our client is a mid-size, multi-national company in the FMCG sector. They are currently looking to appoint a Senior Network Engineer to join their international IT team in Barcelona.
Senior Network Engineer, Barcelona, Spain, 6-Month Contract
This is a 6 month contract role with a possible extension.
You would be part of a global IT team based in the US and therefore be expected to work US hours time shift (starting from around 12pm).
Responsibilities of the Senior Network Engineer:
- Assist with design, implementation, troubleshooting, analyzing and maintaining networks across the enterprise environment
- Providing daily support of the enterprise network components, including network security components and vendor communications
- Ensuring access to network systems and customer sites, and maximizing network infrastructure efficiency
- Ability to configure, test and maintain network equipment and related services, including OS patches/software upgrades
- Interfacing with technical team members across organizational departments and different time zones
- Represent the team in security audit discussions and address any network-related questions
- Perform analysis for performance and capacity
- Identify diagnoses and resolve network problems at all layers of the network
- At times, you will need to develop the solution, test it and implement it on the production network
- At least 5 years of Network Engineering background
- Experience in preparing documentation for all implemented networks
- Experience with network design and operational support
- Experience with Routers, Switch stacking, VSS switching
- Experience with IEEE 802.1x, VPN, Wireless access points, Remote access VPN , DNS, DHCP, HTTP/S, SSH, SMTP concepts
- Experience with SNMP monitoring tools
- Experience configuring and troubleshooting Cisco ASA and Juniper firewalls
- Experience with site to site VPN
- Ability to prioritize and remain calm in a high pressure atmosphere
- Ability to plan, lead and deliver network projects using cutting-edge technology
- Strong troubleshooting skills, and proven track record of getting your hands dirty to cut through ambiguity and fix network problems.
- Strong background in Cisco/Meraki/Juniper
- Experience in medium/large scale networks
- Fluency in English
If you are interested in applying for this Senior Network Engineer role please register your interest using the link below, alternatively please send your CV to email@example.com or for a confidential conversation please call Izabela Darmstetter in our Zug office on +41 41 508 7007.
Get NEW JOBS like these
by email - as they go live.