As our client enjoys a period of growth, they are seeking a German speaking Procurement Manager to be based within one of the key production sites in Switzerland.
The Procurement Manager’s role is a great opportunity to join a large global company with the chance to develop quickly.
There is some direct and indirect people management, so previous experience leading teams would be ideal. This is therefore an excellent opportunity for an experienced buyer to take the next step up.
The company has strong professional development programmes and invests heavily in promoting internal talent. We are therefore keen to engage with ambitious individuals that are looking to progress their careers longer-term into global strategic Procurement.
Procurement Manager, St Gallen, Switzerland
As the Procurement Manager, you will be responsible for managing a local team implementing Procurement strategies, working closely with the global Procurement teams and business leaders at a regional level.
- You will manage all operational and tactical Procurement for site-based goods and services within the region, closely managing supplier performance. You will be an independent thinker and able to take actions to deliver the results required by the local stakeholders and global category teams.
- You must be proactive and able to identify opportunities for improvement within Procurement processes, supplier engagement and efficiency, quality and cost efficiency.
- You will work closely with global category managers and will negotiate with suppliers alongside category managers to achieve the best results for local site requirements.
- You will have excellent communication and stakeholder management skills, being able to engage both the global and local stakeholders to ensure policies and procedures are correctly conveyed and deployed, and business aims are met.
- You will initiate and support RFx processes as and when required, and manage all local elements, from identifying suppliers to initiating orders.
- You will be the final local signatory within the approvals process for new orders and will ensure compliance with all applicable business standards.
- You will track financial impact and be responsible for identifying, reporting and tracking locally generated savings.
As Procurement Manager, we are looking for high calibre candidates with the following skillsets:
- Must have fluent English and German language skills, and have used both languages in a professional setting previously.
- Ideally degree educated (or equivalent).
- Ideally 3 years+ in a Procurement-focused role. This ideally will be within a multi-national company, translating global or regional strategies to local operational sites.
- Natural ability to work within cross-functional teams; you must be an excellent communicator, able to understand and persuade stakeholders at different levels to work together to achieve business outcomes.
- Excellent negotiator; confident in dealing with both internal and external stakeholders.
- Experience managing supplier negotiations directly is beneficial.
- Must have strong planning and organizational skills, with the ability to meet operational deadlines.
- The successful candidate is likely to be high energy, goal-orientated and work well under pressure.
If you are interested in applying for this Procurement Manager role, please register your interest using the link below. Alternatively, please send your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org or for a confidential conversation please call Charlotte Cruise in our Zug office on +41 41 508 7007.
Get NEW JOBS like these
by email - as they go live.