Our client, a global manufacturing group with a strong reputation in the market, is currently looking for a Senior Business Unit Controller, due to strong sales and growth.
The business is looking to appoint an experienced Business Unit Controller, who will manage a small team with global responsibility.
Senior Business Unit Controller , Zurich, Switzerland
You will add significant value across all operational areas of the business unit, with a particular focus on commercial and innovation finance topics, and act as business partner to several of the executive leadership team.
The offices are located north of Zurich, and a hybrid working model is allowed, ideally with three days per week in the office.
Duties of the Senior Business Unit Controller:
- Challenging and influencing business managers, and acting as a sparring partner to the business unit head and operations
- Meeting with the functional heads on a regular basis to challenge the status quo and ensure strong understanding of all the P&L cost elements within the team
- Driving the annual budgeting process for the business unit
- Owning the capital expenditure planning process
- Providing forward looking, insightful financial analysis to drive improved profitability and support growth
- Managing the periodic financial closing process
- Developing, analysing and presenting business performance information
- Reviewing process and procedures, working with the business managers in order to increase effectiveness and efficiency
- Development of business cases and related economics
- Providing leadership to a team of direct reports in Switzerland and indirect reports in various locations worldwide
- Controlling strategic projects and initiatives
- University degree in Finance, Economics or similar discipline
- Track record of successes in a similar role gained in multi-national, industrial environment
- Minimum of 7+ years of experience in Controlling and business partnering with the commercial functions
- Commercial mindset - you should have a track record of adding value to relationships outside of Finance
- Strong in Microsoft Office applications, particularly Excel
- Excellent analytical skills - able to utilize data to identify gaps and opportunities for efficiencies
- Questioning and challenging in a constructive way; able to recommend change
- Reliable delivery of high-quality results within fixed reporting deadlines
- Fluency in English
Get NEW JOBS like these
by email - as they go live.