Our client, a market leader in the manufacturing industry, is seeking a Quality Manager for its production plant based in Carlisle, the United Kingdom.
As the Quality Manager, you will be accountable for ensuring the production and quality standards are maintained and meet the agreed requirements.
Holding a strong continuous improvement mindset, you will ensure both internal and external processes are in line with the required regulated standards – furthermore, being able to constructively assess, influence and build partnerships with various stakeholders should be a natural skill.
Quality Manager, Carlisle, UK
Key responsibilities of the Quality Manager role will include:
- Regularly assess internal processes and manufacturing procedures to drive improvements
- Manage change and work effectively in an adaptable, ever-changing and demanding environment
- Preparing and taking ownership of audit processes and the associated management on a regular basis
- Manage and develop a team of Quality professionals, identifying development paths, and delivering training and improvement standards
- Supplier relationship management and interaction with various stakeholders involved in the manufacturing process, both locally and on a wider regional scale
- Identify cost reduction opportunities through Quality Control and process improvements
- Ensure standard of incoming materials and finished goods is to agreed Quality standards, with the customer satisfaction embedded into your approach
- Set up and proactively safeguard the Quality operation within a manufacturing operation that runs 24/7
We are looking for a high calibre Quality Manager with the following additional skillset:
- Educated to degree or equivalent level
- Understanding of Quality and Quality Management within a production or manufacturing environment
- Circa 8+ years’ experience in a manufacturing, production, six sigma or lean manufacturing environment
- Knowledge and previous management experience of management systems and standards, including the likes of ISO9001, ISO14001, 18001, BRC and AIB
- Strong customer service skills, and ability to deal with customers and proactively work to avoid service issues
- Experience in the manufacturing, FMCG or food & beverages industry, with deep knowledge of the associated regulations
- A project management certification and experience of leading various projects would be desirable
- Fluency in English
If you are interested in applying for this Quality Manager role, please register your interest using the link. Alternatively, please send your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org or for a confidential conversation please call Neil Cope in our office on +44 (0)115 860 2126
Get NEW JOBS like these
by email - as they go live.