We are currently searching for a Supply Chain Manager to join our client, a large multi-national organisation, for a role based close to Swindon, UK.
Supply Chain Manager, Swindon, UK
This is a key role within the Supply Chain function, and has an analytical and data-driven edge, as well as the requirement to understand Operations and Production from a base level.
With end-to-end Supply Chain scope, you will ensure the smooth running of activities, and provide coordination to the Logistics and Distribution functions.
Other key responsibilities of the Supply Chain Manager include:
- Provide system maintenance and overview, holding strong ERP (SAP) knowledge and systems implementation expertise
- Be targeted with supporting the wide regional Planning department and achieve the associated corporate goals
- Drive towards best-in-class customer service; you will work closely with various divisions including IT, Finance and the wider Supply Chain
- Coverage of 15+ Manufacturing and 5+ Distribution centres
- Be comfortable with just in time Supply Chain processes, and provide expertise, planning and inventory management in a fast-paced environment
- Manage supplier flow between them and the plants, including distribution planning and order processing
- Lead projects to optimise the supply chain and implement SAP Supply Chain modules
- Contingency planning, corrective actions and proactive approach to supplier delivery topics and issues to minimise disruption
Ideally having operated in a Manufacturing environment, you will have prior knowledge of Supply & Demand Planning insights, Logistics & Distribution, and the ability to shape and understand the structure of the Supply Chain Manager role.
By taking a proactive Project Management approach, you will be able to identify improvement opportunities and implement these into the overall Supply Chain – the analytical and quantitative nature of the role will allow you to identify problems, make recommendations, assess performance and enhance planning processes.
As Supply Chain Manager, additional requirements include:
- Educated to degree or equivalent level, ideally in an Engineering or Business discipline
- Strong analytical and process skills, with some previous analytical experience (preferred in Logistics and/or Supply Chain) and ideally 5+ years working in an international environment within Supply Chain
- Project Management expertise, PMP/PMI qualification would be an advantage
- Advanced user knowledge of JDE Manufacturing-Distribution or SAP modules would be advantageous
- Strong communication skills when dealing with diverse, international stakeholders
- Fluent in English, any other language would be an advantage
If you are interested in applying for this Supply Chain Manager role, please register your interest using the link above. Alternatively, please send your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org or for a confidential conversation please call Neil Cope in our Nottingham office on +44 (0)115 860 2126
Get NEW JOBS like these
by email - as they go live.