Our client, a global pharmaceutical company based in Utrecht, is recruiting a Senior Financial Controller to join a growing team.
Senior Financial Controller - Utrecht, Amsterdam
The ideal candidate will have 8+ years’ experience working within Finance and have a passion for Technology. We are looking for someone who had proven experience of using multiple ERP systems and ideally implementations.
Reporting into the European Finance Director, the Senior Financial Controller will be their right hand, while managing the Financial Administration and a small team.
You will also have the opportunity to optimize Finance processes and focus on change management projects. This role also gives you the opportunity to work with both external and internal stakeholders.
Responsibilities of the Senior Financial Controller:
- Financial Accounting and Reporting: Ensure accurate, complete and up-to-date Accounting records are maintained, in order to ensure both internal and external financial reports and statements are based on those records
- Control: Ensure a strong internal Control environment is maintained, in which custody of assets, company records, authorization procedures, standard operating procedures and management supervision meets Company Governance standards
- Managing the Finance team to an even higher professional and efficient business support function
- Stakeholder Management: Sustainable and accessible internal network that contributes to the positioning of the team within and outside the organization
- HBO/master’s level Accounting/CMA
- In depth understanding of principles of Finance, Bookkeeping and Accounting (Dutch GAAP/IFRS)
- Sound knowledge of Dutch tax regulations (especially on salaries, income tax and VAT) is a plus
- 8-10 years of experience in Accounting/Finance, of which a significant amount of years as GL Accountant/Financial Controller, as well as Business Controller/Analyst
- Experience in setting up/developing financial processes and/or ERP systems from a financial point of view
- Management experience of both processes and people
- Experience with working in an agile environment
- Supply Chain knowledge preferred
- Fluency in Dutch and English required. French is a plus
If you would like a confidential discussion about the role, please contact Gemma Hart for Gemma.firstname.lastname@example.org for a confidential discussion.
Get NEW JOBS like these
by email - as they go live.