We’re currently searching for a Head of Finance Germany, Austria and UK, an exciting opportunity to join a global chemicals manufacturer.
The business is going through a period of significant change and expansion, following a significant merger.
As Head of Finance, you will be responsible for overseeing all Accounting topics for Germany, Austria and the UK, with Germany as the most significant entity, as this also covers both sales and production sites.
You will have responsibility for one direct report, as well as manage relationships with the external BPO organisation.
Ideally, the company is looking for someone available on short notice, but would consider a notice period for the right candidate.
As the Head of Finance, your role will include:
- Preparation for statutory accounts
- Monthly, quarterly and year-end closing under German GAAP and IFRS
- Responsibility for indirect and direct tax filings
- IFRS audit
- Management of BPO relationship
- Key liaison with auditors and tax authorities
- Bank reconciliations, manual payments and payment approval
- Involvement in ad-hoc projects, including the integration of newly merged entities
- Degree in Finance and Accounting or related subject
- 5+ years’ experience in a similar role
- Good knowledge of IFRS, German GAAP and SAP
- Prior experience managing a BPO relationship would be highly desirable
- Fluency in both English and German
- Focus on continuous improvement and strong problem-solving skills
EMEA Recruitment is committed to promoting Equity, Diversity and Inclusion in the workplace. We act as a neutral third party in the recruitment process, basing our candidate searches on skills and experience. We do not discriminate on the basis of age, gender, sex, relationship status, disability, race, religion/beliefs, or sexual orientation.