We are seeking a strong Financial Accountant for one of our multi-national clients in Canton Vaud.
As part of its transformation process, the business requires assistance for its Corporate Accounting team.
The Corporate Accounting team has direct exposure to the strategic leadership of the organisation, and this role will involve a variety of exciting projects.
The duties of the Financial Accountant are:
- Delivery of internal and external financial reports in a timely and efficient manner
- Contributing to the improvement of the financial control environment
- Half-year and year-end (annual report) reporting contribution
- Involvement in statutory accounts preparation under IFRS (particularly IFRS 16) and Swiss Code of Obligations, US GAAP
- Balance sheet analysis and notes to accounts for annual report
- Assisting external auditors with audits
- Ad-hoc projects
The main skills required of the Financial Accountant are:
- Strong Audit and/or Accounting background (Accountancy qualifications are highly desirable)
- Experience (internal or external) of group Reporting for a public company
- The ability to manage high volume of complex tasks, and to constantly prioritise
- Autonomy – problem-solving attitude
- Strong IFRS knowledge (particularly IFRS 16), US GAAP desirable
- Good understanding of Accounting and Reporting tools (Hyperion, Essbase), and ERPs (MS Dynamics)
- Fluent English
EMEA Recruitment is committed to promoting Equity, Diversity and Inclusion in the workplace. We act as a neutral third party in the recruitment process, basing our candidate searches on skills and experience. We do not discriminate on the basis of age, gender, sex, relationship status, disability, race, religion/beliefs, or sexual orientation.