Keely Straw, Associate Director, shares knowledge on how you could improve your employee lifecycle, and her experience hosting EMEA Recruitment’s first face-to-face ED&I Roundtable event...
In my Q3 2022 newsletter, I shared insights on the future of work and what that means for Equity, Diversity & Inclusion (ED&I).
By making small changes throughout the employee lifecycle to accommodate a diverse workforce, organisations can improve employee experiences and boost engagement at every stage of the employee lifecycle:
1. Attraction - Brand reputation improves from employee, customer and stakeholder perspectives
2. Recruitment – Providing inclusive candidate journeys creates equal opportunities and allows organisations to draw from a wider talent pool
3. Onboarding – Demonstrating inclusive practices sets a first impression that encourages trust and loyalty
4. Development - Productivity improves, because data shows that employees with disabilities take less time off and stay with companies for longer
5. Retention – Turnover rates drop when everyone feels included and valued
6. Offboarding – Gathering employee feedback helps provide data and insights that can be used to improve ED&I policies further
Through my ED&I and HR networks, I have heard that many companies are already doing this and leading the way to make positive changes; they are eager to create a culture that is inclusive for everyone, regardless. Others are only just starting this journey.
While there is plenty of information available online, at virtual online events and shared across social media, there isn’t anything local to Switzerland for ED&I leads to come together to share topics and success stories.
That is why, this month, I hosted EMEA Recruitment’s first face-to-face ED&I Roundtable event in Zurich.
This was an opportunity for ED&I leads - from multiple industry sectors and size - to come together, share insights on ED&I strategies and how to implement one, as well as other topics.
I would be keen to understand if you would be interested in future roundtable events, either dedicated to ED&I or broader HR topics. In addition, I would welcome the opportunity to hear how diverse your employee lifecycle is and how this compares with the general market consensus.
Please feel free to contact me directly to see how we can support you: firstname.lastname@example.org